updated May 23, 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org;
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps;
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site; and
- The Site also uses third party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to provide us with statistics about the audience that visits the Site. If you click here, you can learn more about Google Analytics services and how you can opt out if you choose.
Also, companies that provide certain third-party widgets, tools, apps, and plug-ins that may appear on the Site (for example, Pinterest “Pin” buttons or Facebook “Like” buttons) also may use automated methods to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information collection is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those third-party companies.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use the information gathered on the Site for various purposes, including the purposes listed below. For instance, if you were to contact us through our contact form and provide your name and email address, we would use the name and email address you provide to respond to your question. In addition, we use information we collect from you and through the Site to:
- Provide services and products that you request (for example when you submit your email to receive newsletters) or that we believe would interest you, this includes promotional offers;
- Respond to requests, inquiries, and comments, as well as provide customer service and care for users;
- Offer products and services to you, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- Customize content, advertisements and other marketing messages we and third parties show you, both on the Site and related social media accounts;
- Carry out, assess, analyze, and improve our business on the Site (which may include without limitation: developing new features, analyzing and enhancing the user experience, assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising, and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, financial analysis, trend analysis, and anonymization of personal information); and
- For other purposes that are disclosed at the time you provide your information, with your consent.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by clicking the following links:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected].